Rehearsals are underway for Sydney Contemporary Orchestra’s latest concert series and it’s sounding good! A lot of exciting new works being premiered, this Friday night 6 October at Verbrugghen Hall – come check it out!
SCO CONCERT NO.10
Conductor – Dr Brian Chatpo Koo
With 60 passionate and dedicated musicians of the SCO, and directed by Dr Brian Chatpo Koo, the Contemporary Orchestral Music concert is an amazing opportunity to hear absolutely new orchestral music of contemporary composers from Brazil, Italy, USA, Colombia, Japan, and Australia. These composers will attend the concert and share their musical ideas, philosophies and creativity with each other and the Sydney audience.
- Uluru – Symphonic Overture by Brian Chatpo Koo (Australia) (Sydney premiere)
- Waltz Fantasy by Andre Catelli (Brazil) (World premiere)
- Variazioni by Paolo Geminiani (Italy) (World premiere)
- Visions des reflets et nocturnes (Sections I-IV) by Peter Dickson Lopez (USA) (World premiere)
I N T E R V A L
- A través de mis ojos by Mauricio Arias* (Colombia) (Australian premiere)
- Water Cycle - by Satoru Ikeda (Japan) (World premiere)
- Sinfonietta Fukushima by Douglas Vuncannon (USA) (World premiere)
- Metamorphosis by Kim Bowman (Australia/The Netherlands) (World premiere)